Flashcards · is an educational start-up that is aimed to help people who need to master a large amount of information quickly and firmly.
Flashcards · can be used for learning languages, country flags, famous paintings, and many other subjects.
The Flashcards · app uses a metaphor of a physical flash card as a basis for providing tools for collaboration between learners and teachers.
The Flashcards · application fits all: children, students, and adults.
Learning with flash cards is a rich interactive experience that involves many senses.
The effectiveness of learning with paper flash cards is verified by time, and there are a lot of developers that are trying to build electronic flash cards.
The challenge was to design realistic, accessible and highly customizable, the best-in-class flash card simulator for iOS.
The client provided an overall vision of the project and creatively led the design process.
On behalf of the client, Axon developed and implemented the solution that solves problems facing users of the competing apps such as Quizlet, Tinycards by Duolingo or Flashcards+ by Chegg.
After downloading the free Flashcards · app (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flashcards/id1441343874?ls=1&mt=8) people can start on-boarding.
Onboard instructions are naturally made in the form of flash cards. After learning them, people can create own flash cards.
No user registration required, no limits on flash cards amount. Text, photo, and audio can be placed at any of the flash card’s side, in any combination, on any language.
The free app includes basic functionality that required for creating, learning with flash cards and tracking the progress.
Advanced users can purchase Flashcards Premium package. It added features for comfortable and focused learning: inserting albums, importing flash cards from CSV, taking photos and recording audio within the app, color adjustments and more.
Implementation of toggling Parental Gates allowed Axon to design a single app for both kids and students. It will reduce costs of the app updates for the future development.
- Easy to use and intuitively understood user interface.
- Ability to create own perfectly looking flash cards using templates.
- A simple way to learn and control the progress of studying.
- iOS application has been developed using Swift programming language, CoreData, and other core Apple’s frameworks.
- The application has been developed in full accordance with iOS Human Interface Guidelines and inheriting style of the iOS native apps such as Mail, Photos, etc.
- The application fully supports Dynamic Type, it works in any device orientation, including multitasking on iPad.